5 Top Tips to Choosing the Right Agent to Sell Your Property
Given that selling a home can be an emotionally turbulent and stressful time, it’s understandable that sellers often become overwhelmed when deciding which real estate agent to entrust their property to. Sardeep Singh, from Stockdale & Leggo Caulfield, recommends following the below process to assist sellers in making an informed decision on which residential property agent in Melbourne is the right person to sell their property.
Referrals - Ask for referrals from friends who have been happy with agents who have sold their home. Delve into why they were happy and what the agent did for them which set them apart.
Research - Identify agents in your area who can demonstrate local knowledge and a proven track record of success with comparable properties and have achieved similar results to what you are hoping to attain.
Buyers Database - Enquire as to the size and activity of the real estate agent’s database of potential buyers who have already demonstrated interest in investing in your area which may assist with a faster sale in a shorter timeframe. An active database also means an increase in the likelihood that a real estate agent can sell your property without the added expense of marketing.
Action - Go and see residential property agents in Melbourne in action. Attend some of their open homes to see how they operate. Pose as an interested party and ask questions about the community, the neighbours and why the sellers are motivated to move on.
Organise an Interview - Invite your shortlisted real estate agents in for an interview. Show them your property and take them through your recruitment process. Some potential questions to ask at the interview:
- How long have you worked in real estate in the Caulfield North, Caulfield South, Glen Huntly, Glen Iris, Malvern, Carnegie, Murrumbeena, Ormond and Bentleigh area?
- What selling price do you think I can achieve and why?
- How many properties have you recently sold in the Caulfield North, Caulfield South, Glen Huntly, Glen Iris, Malvern, Carnegie, Murrumbeena, Ormond and Bentleigh areas and do you have buyers who missed out who might be interested in my property?
- How would you market my property and how much will it cost approximately?
- How long do you think it will take to sell my property and why?
You may think of some other questions to add to this list but it’s a great start. Ultimately you need to be able to trust and feel comfortable with the real estate agent you are working with so due diligence is key to gathering enough information for you to feel fully prepared to make your final decision.
Sardeep Singh and his team from Stockdale & Leggo Caulfield are experts in the local Caulfield North, Caulfield South, Glen Huntly, Glen Iris, Malvern, Carnegie, Murrumbeena, Ormond and Bentleigh areas. Contact them today for an appraisal of your property.
Free market appraisal
Register your interest to find out more. As always, the coffee's on us!